Lifestyle to Reduce Fibrocystic Breasts
It is recommended to drink less coffee and other caffeinated beverages. This includes tea, cola, chocolate and commercially available drugs such as Dexatrim, Excedrin, Extra-Strength Midol, Anacin, Sinarest and others.
Patients with fibrocystic disease should avoid ultra violet radiation (direct tanning) because it stimulates growth of breast lumps the same way it stimulates the growth of skin tumors.
Derivatives of xanthine (known collectively as xanthines) are a group of alkaloids commonly used for their effects as mild stimulants and as bronchiodilators, notably in the treatment of asthma symptoms. Substances like coffee; black tea, cocoa (chocolate), and soda contain high concentrations of these xanthines and should be excluded from daily diet. This produces growth of tissue, increases blood circulation, and creates water retention.
It is recommended to limit sodium intake by receiving less than one teaspoon of salt per day. This will help to reduce the swelling of breasts.
There is concern that low doses of radiation can cause breast cancer. Mammograms use radiation to detect the internal anatomical structures of the breasts. Radiation is being emitted to the body whereas thermography is radiation free, so it is only receiving information from the body and not harming the body in any way.
Xenoestrogens translated means foreign estrogens. Some of the 100,000 registered chemicals for use in the world have hormonal effects in addition to toxic and carcinogenic effects. These chemicals perform 100 to 1,000 times greater concentration than that of normal human hormones.
These chemicals bind to the progesterone receptor but do not stimulate it; instead it competes with other estrogens that do stimulate it, and therefore acts as a blocker. If it is a strong phytoestrogen it can actually make the disease worse.
BPA is the estrogenic plastic byproduct used in the manufacturing of some polycarbonate plastics. It can leak into food or drinks from plastic containers. BPS, the “safe” replacement for BPA has also been found to carry dangerous toxins. Both of these chemicals interfere with the hormonal system, acting as an estrogen imposter and promoting breast and prostate cancers.
The majority of dry-cleaners use the solvent perchloroethylene. This exceedingly toxic carcinogen has been shown to have harmful effects on the nervous system as well as all major organs. Perchloroethylene is a “likely human carcinogen” which means there is no definite proof the chemical cause’s cancer in humans but has been proved to have caused cancers in animals. This chemical can act on estrogen receptor sites and produce fibrocystic breasts.
Engine exhaust contains toxic chemicals that are linked to cancers. The toxin Benzo[a]pyrene has been proven to cause cancer in rats and is classified as carcinogenic to humans by the International Agency for Research on Cancer. . Engine car exhaust contains toxic chemicals that are linked to cancers and have estrogenic effects.
Many studies have found links between exercising and lower risk of breast cancer. One of the studies was of a group of 100,000 French women between 40-65 years old. These women were studied over a course of 4 years. Women who exercised regularly (walking at least 4 hours a week) had a 10% lower risk of breast cancer than women who exercised less than that. The researchers also found if the exercising stopped, the risk-reducing benefits would disappear.
Mental stress breaks down the adrenal system and function. Long term exposure may result in hormonal imbalances due to adrenal fatigue.
- Patients are recommended a diet low in fat. This helps to reduce pain in the breasts and, more importantly, reduces the risk of breast cancer.
- It is necessary to minimize the consumption of canned, salted and smoked products. Emphasis on products such as fruits, especially citrus fruits, berries (black currant, cherry, raspberry); carotene rich vegetables, sprouts, cereals whole meal products, soy products containing natural estrogens that have potential anti-cancer activity.
- Fibrocystic breast disease and breast cancer have a connection with sluggish performance of the intestine, chronic constipation, and altered intestinal microflora. It is possible that this is accompanied by the reabsorption of intestinal bile. Therefore, patients are encouraged to eat foods rich in fiber and keep fluid intake adequate (at least 1.5-2 liters per day). Anything that impairs the liver or ties up the detoxifying function will result in unbalanced estrogen levels. Liver stress can be reduced by avoiding heavy eating and heavy alcohol use. Other ways to reduce liver burden are to eliminate processed foods, high-fat foods, and food containing preservatives or additives. Also, add fiber rich food to your diet.
- Take a multivitamin and mineral supplement. Stock up on vitamins A, C, E, B complex (especially - B6), PP, and P (Ascorutinum). Vitamin A has an anti-estrogenic effect, reducing the effects of epithelial proliferation and stroma. Vitamin E potentiates the action of progesterone. Vitamin B6 lowers prolactin levels, vitamin P improves microcirculation and reduce local swelling. All of these together work to:
- Contribute to the normalization of metabolism and hormonal imbalances
- Create an antioxidant effect
- Stimulate growth, reproduction, and maturation of epithelial cells
- Help stabilize the activity of the peripheral and central nervous system
- Help normalize the function of the ovaries, adrenal glands, thyroid gland, liver,
- Further strengthen the body's immune system.
- Improvement of local blood circulation.
Also vitamin products like citrus fruits, rose hips, black currant, aronia, cherries, and raspberries improve microcirculation and reduce local swelling of the breast. A re-thermographic study often proves objective improvement.
- REDUCE STRESSORS. Stress affects hormone production, so anything that can reduce stress, can also reduce the unpleasant sensations in the breasts. Try practicing meditating, exercise, and auditory training. These are just some widely practiced methods of reducing stress.
- Iodine and selenium help to reduce pain in the breasts.
- Wear a well-chosen bra size that supports the breasts. Wearing a bra, especially a constricting one with under-wires prevents normal lymphatic flow and would likely lead to anoxia (lower than normal oxygen content), which has been related to fibrosis. An inappropriate shape or size can cause chronic chest strain and squeezing or overloading ligaments. The elimination of the bra reduces or completely eliminates breast pains in many cases and allows better circulation of lymphatic fluid.